Bronto Software is seeking an energetic Technical Writer to help us take our documentation capabilities to the next level of customer success. In this highly-collaborative role you will work with Product Management, engineering, customer support teams, and other technical writers to produce a comprehensive documentation set to help drive the successful adoption and usage of the Bronto Marketing platform and Bronto apps. This includes writing API and product documentation, producing instructional videos, building page tours and guided walkthroughs, and promoting Bronto’s voice within engineering. Because this is a collaborative role where you will manage many types of deliverables, we’re looking for a jack of all trades (and a master of some) who enjoys working closely with others, wants to spend his or her day tackling a variety of responsibilities, and finds a weekly release schedule an exciting challenge. The position can scale based on skills and experience.
In this opportunity you will:
- Author help documentation and release notes using DITA XML
- Design and produce instructional videos
- Collaborate with Front End Development and Design on microcopy in the platform and apps
- Create page tours and guided walkthroughs
- For your professional growth, we encourage you to attend a relevant professional conference every year to keep you on the forefront of your field
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to explain complex technical content in a clear, straightforward manner
- A strong editorial sense
- Experience using DITA XML
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Experience using SnagIt or other image editing tools
- Strong spirit of cooperation
- Development Process Understanding: Understand how to work in a SaaS development environment. Experience working with Agile methodologies is preferred.
- Experience writing API documentation
- Experience creating instructional videos
- Knowledge of XSLT
- Experience using Git or another version control system
- Experience using the Atlassian suite of tools (JIRA, Confluence, etc.)
- Experience with a blogging platform (Drupal, WordPress, etc.)
- Understanding of adult learning theory, particularly as it relates to creating educational and training materials
- We’re an OSX shop, so experience using a Mac is a plus
- Experience in the eCommerce/email marketing space
- Experience using Git
Bronto Software provides a cloud-based marketing platform for retailers to drive revenue through their email, mobile and social campaigns. Building upon consistent growth since its founding in 2002, We are now in the midst of a period of fast-paced growth as it expands its mission beyond email to become the leading marketing platform for retailers and other commerce focused companies. Bronto Software is consistently recognized for our products and services.
- Clear Vision of our purpose and mission
- Great Location on American Tobacco Campus
- Triangle Business Journal Best Places to Work three-time winner
- All Brontos are given company time to volunteer at area non-profits
LIVE OUR VALUES – TRANSPARENT, APPROACHABLE, PASSIONATE.
To see the Bronto life through words, photos and videos, visit http://brontonation.com