We’re seeking a Senior Quality Assurance Analyst to join our QA team. In this role, you will create and implement testing for our marketing platform and assist us with further developing our professional QA practices.
Our weekly (or more) release schedule requires ongoing feature, regression, and exploratory testing as well as providing deeper investigation and troubleshooting when defects are found. We expect you to participate in these regular testing practices and to contribute improvements to them by combining your QA experience with our application and domain experience.
We have an active engineering team that is working on major new products and additions to the Bronto Marketing Platform. You’ll work closely with some of the project teams to understand what they are developing, to make suggestions for better “baked in” quality, and to develop test plans which you and the project team will use to improve the final product.
We are always looking for ways to improve the quality of our software. You can help us continue to do this is by bringing (or researching or imagining) new ways to measure and inspect the quality of product that we deliver to customers. The team will use these measures to identify areas that need attention or practices that can be improved.
Bronto tracks and aggregates tens of millions of data points every day, and provides near real-time analysis and reporting to our customers. Our customers rely on us to deliver punctual information to their customers. The role of a Sr. QA Analyst is to ferret out the issues that are going to interfere with this massive stream of data. If you have the technical aptitude, and self-motivation required, we would love to hear from you.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years web based software applications
- Extensive experience with test planning and execution for large, SaaS software applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Experience with reading application logs, tweaking XML files, using a linux/mac command line interface, and interacting with deployment tools (UI and command line)
- Experience with guiding test team members in developing and running tests.
- Experience interacting with QA Automation developers and helping prioritize
Other Useful Skills:
- Experience working with Subversion, Git, CVS, or other source code management tools
- Work with software lifecycle tools such as Jira a plus.
- Hudson / Jenkins / CruiseControl / Bamboo continuous integration system experience
- Java / PHP/ PHPUnit / JUnit work / Selenium