As part of Bronto’s Engineering team, the Network Engineer will play a key role in our continued growth. Bronto Software provides a best of breed E-commerce marketing application which is consistently recommended by more than 9 out of 10 Bronto Customers, an integrated sales and marketing engine and the training and investment to promote continued success.
Over the past 4 years Bronto has successfully launched regional offices in London, Sydney, and in 2015 we have branched out into New York and LA. This has provided our team opportunities to take on increasing responsibilities as we continue to grow.
Bronto Software is seeking an experienced Network Engineer to join our Systems Engineering team. In Systems Engineering, you’ll play a key role in ensuring the stability and performance of our e-commerce analytics and marketing automation platform. You’ll be an integral part of the team that owns the hardware/OS, as well as the automation framework that makes it manageable at scale. There are no silos here, Bronto Network Engineers focus on networking and firewall layer security but will also be exposed to servers, storage, OS, we could go on, but you get the
To be successful at this job, you should be experienced in most of the following:
- Deep understanding and knowledge of fundamental networking principles around switching, routing, VPN and how to provide resiliency around all.
- Demonstrated experience managing firewalls both Layer 4 and Layer 7 from setup and expansion as well as day to day operation.
- Familiarity working with Linux systems from an administration
- You should be comfortable logging into a system to do packet captures and verify network configurations to troubleshoot issues.
- Some software development experience. There is a lot of room to automate networking and monitoring of those systems.
- Experience with DDoS mitigation strategies.
- Intimate workings with network monitoring tools and platforms for debugging, and operation/performance analysis.
Specific knowledge of following is not required but will be helpful:
- Experience working with both Dell Force10 and Cisco Catalyst networking hardware. Time spent with Force10 VLT or Cisco vPC(MLAG) will be a plus.
- Integration of multiple data centers and managing public BGP.
- Specific experience administering Palo Alto NG firewalls and F5 Load Balancers.
- Experience with an automation and infrastructure management tools like Puppet, Chef, or Ansible
You should be really excited about:
- New technologies like SDN as well as the ability to speak about new trends in the networking space.
- Designing and building out new infrastructure as well as making improvements to existing technology.
- Providing a fast and resilient network to support the expanding Bronto marketing platform.
- Enjoy talking to people. We collaborate a lot, both virtually and face to face, so no sitting in a dark corner on the terminal.
- Develop automation and tooling to streamline infrastructure management and system builds.
- Review and influence new and evolving design, architecture, standards, and methods for operating systems and infrastructure.
- 5 years of full-time Networking Engineer, or Systems Engineer with heavy emphasis on networking
- Knowledge of the Linux operating system, you should be familiar with basic networking and operating system concepts and management.
- Demonstrated proficiency with firewall management
- Experience with cross site networking such as BGP
- Experience working in a data center environment
- Ability to participate in an on-call rotation
- Strong communication, documentation and collaboration skills. Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Be able to lift 50 lbs.
Bronto Software provides a cloud-based marketing platform for retailers to drive revenue through their email, mobile and social campaigns. Building upon consistent growth since its founding in 2002, We are now in the midst of a period of fast-paced growth as it expands its mission beyond email to become the leading marketing platform for retailers and other commerce focused companies. Bronto Software is consistently recognized for our products and services.
- Clear Vision of our purpose and mission
- Great Location on American Tobacco Campus
- Triangle Business Journal “Best Places to Work” five-time-winner
- All Brontos are given company time to volunteer at area non-profits
- Active Lifestyle with subsidized Y membership and wellness events